Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dave

One of the things I have noticed about life, is that everyone has a mate called Dave.

I have a mate called Dave, my Dave is great, you don't see him for one to five years because he is in a relationship, and all his mates have dropped off the face of the Earth as far as he is concerned. But then once the relationship is over, Dave returns with a vengeance, he has one to five years of "good man containing the bad man" syndrome to purge, and things always get out of hand.

You are now up to date on my mate Dave.

Dave called m up yesterday afternoon, while I was at work. He was in the area, having just finished an interview with one of the companies in the City, wondering if I wanted a drink.

Now you should note at this point, I knew what I was getting into, I also knew it was Monday night, night of the alcoholic lone drinker, not the night of good wholesome fun... Yeah, I went.

We drank too much, and we ate at the first pub.

Then we went to the Griffin, a strip club in Holborn, where much alcohol was quaffed, and a lot of money was spent on strippers, and even more on private dances.

After that we headed over to Tower 42, which Dave claimed was a cocktail bar at the top of what used to be known as the Natwest Tower. No lights were on, so I suspect that Dave was just making stuff up to make the night go on longer by this point. So we headed to another bar, played computer golf against each other (I won 36 over par o his 32, not a good score I know!).

And then we had a moment of unbridled inspiration... the bar was closing and we were but moments from the Savoy Hotel and its booze!

We reasoned that we were dressed in suits, so we could probably pass for guests, and as you well know reader, guests can drink till any hour under the licensing laws of England and Wales.

So in we wandered, made ourselves at home, and ordered some dry white, talked some crap for a while, and then I ordered some more. At this point I think we were rumbled, we were told by the manager (very nicely) that he would no longer serve us as we had had too much (in my opinion before we even got there, but who was I to argue!), and it was time for us to retire for the evening.

So off we toddled, I got in a cab home, tuned on the oven and went to sleep without ever managing to put any food in it! (Luckily.)

This morning I got up and went to work feeling awful.

And just to add insult to injury, as I was just about recovered, and industrial strength migrane arrived and I had to go home at the start of the afternoon. Bummer!

So here I am sweet reader, relaying the last 48 hours to you, and now, I go to my pit to lie in the dark, and await the blindness and vomiting which will come in the next hour. Ah migranes, what fun! I guess I am paying back the kharma for yesterdays events. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home