Sunday, February 13, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

What a great day today has been.

I had a lay in (almost).

Sandy arrived, and I got to introduce her to the kids. I was a bit worried about this, but Murray thinks she is great because she can kick his ass at Tekken, and Angel thinks she is great because she is a girl like her, and she is daddy's girlfriend so she must be great. That was a relief!

I then I cooked up a huge lamb roast for us all. And I got to experiment with cooking marrow of all things. I used to love marrow as a kid, and I haven't had it in years. When I saw it in the supermarket, I thought it would be a wonderful little birthday treat for me.

While I was finishing up on the cooking and serving the food, the rest of the gang popped off to the supermarket (because we were out of Diet Coke, wink wink), and would you believe it, when the main course was finished, the kids and Sandy disappeared for a while, and came back with a big chocolate birthday cake. (I did a very good impression of a very surprised person!) Unfortunately, there was an accurate number of candles on the top of the cake, so the smoke alarm went off! :)

We then went for a walk in the park. Which was a very (very very) bad plan on my part, as it was already cold, but factoring in the wind chill, it turned out to be about -6 Degrees Kelvin!*

I also got my paintings back from the Siren. (Yay!)

After I dropped of the kids to their new home, I went back to Sandy, who was already waiting in bed to give me another birthday prezzie! :)

And I have just got back from the Waterloo, having dropped her off, since she has to babysit for her cousin this evening.

With any luck she will be back tomorrow, assuming nothing unexpected comes up.

All in all a good day, I'd say.

* Yes, I know this is technically impossible, it was a humourous aside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home