Tuesday, November 09, 2004

English as a second language...

Well I did as much as I was able on the business plan yesterday, and I ended up emailing it to S.

We spoke later for a short while on the phone, she said she was unable to get to her email from the meeting, but that her meeting with an investor went well anyway.

I had my suspicions, that the non-meet to drop off the finished product was because I was being used, but I decided to roll with it. The worst that could happen is that I spend some time doing some work that I am not being paid for. It's not like I am doing anything else at the moment anyway is it!

She mentioned that she would be going to the hospital today, I asked if she wanted someone to come and hold her hand, but no joy.

I've tried to keep an open mind, but after our conversations over the last five days or so, I see a one way street, I help on the business plan, and the option to help buy £350 Prada boots, and in return I see nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tallying here, but I am seeing a one-way street in action.

This morning I received the following text:
"I didnt read what you send me last friday.i wish you well. goodbye"
Just in case you were wondering, English is not her first language, so I give her plenty of leeway when interpreting her communiques.

I think what she is saying here is that she did not read my email the other day where I apologised, this is contrary to what she said on the phone on Saturday morning. And then to finish she is saying, I never expect to hear from you again, have a good life, etc.

So conclusions drawn:
  1. I acted honorably.
  2. I did the right thing.
  3. I trusted without cause (which I feel really good about).
  4. I met a user (c'est la vie).
  5. I got used (but it only cost me about £30).
All in all I feel pretty good about this, even when my alarm bells were ringing away, I went in eyes wide open and did the right thing anyway. I have had such trust issues over the years, and this was another example of someone abusing my trusting nature. But at least this time I managed to keep it all in check, keep an external perspective rather then get totally wrapped up in the whole thing, and not pile money into the relationship (not that there was one) in the hope of keeping it alive.

I feel good, I should feel shitty, but I really am fine.

Right more GTA:SA.

P.S. Obviously I sent her a text asking how she was this morning... If she was a user, and she was trying to give me the brush off, the message will be a little irritant... "I've told him to sod off but he still cares about how I am, how do I get rid of this guy?". Heh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home