Monday, February 14, 2005

Sandy...

Well Sandy didn't turn up. Things have been a tad hectic of recent and as a result I have been unable to update so often, and I haven't got time to read though my recent posts to find out what I have told you... So let me fill you in a on a little background. Sandy used to live with a bloke who was an astounding shit of a man. So big a shit in fact, that he just stopped paying their rent for several months (She paid the bills, he paid the rent was the arrangement), and she didn't know about the missed payments until the land lord came around after three months and asked for his cash!

Thus she was evicted, and her shit of an ex-partner pissed off to his mother's place and left Sandy in the shit, holding the can with his debt. Since then, she has been staying at friends' places or on her father's sofa. Being the principled type she is, she is paying back the money to the landlord for the missing rent before she tried to save up for a place of her own.

So why am I telling you this? I said to Sandy, that as a 'friend' she could move in with me, until she found herself in a more stable position. I explained that I was not asking her to 'move in' with me, we have after all, only been an item for a couple of months, so that would be pretty hyper-accelerated in terms of relationship movement. I also said that when she moved out, it would not be a step backwards in our relationship, but more a step backwards to something more in tune of where we should be.

End result: Sandy has been freaking out about this ever since, we have discussed it a few times, but it is all very complicated. Obviously! Isn't life complicated?

Anyway, earlier today. I spoke to sandy, she was clearly stressed, she said she was sat outside her doctor's office. Being me, I told her to head on over, and that I would look after her. At the end of the conversation she burst into tears, then said she was going to be OK, said goodbye and hung up.

Back to this evening, I had lots of running around to do this evening and was really disappointed when Sandy texted me to say she was not coming. She offered no explanation, other than to say she had had a bad day, needed to do some thinking, and not to worry.

Her Valentine's Day card and prezzie will wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home