Sunday, September 26, 2004

Nice weekend

So went away with (A) my daughter, to visit my brother (MC) and his girlfriend (T) for the weekend.

It was great fun, on Saturday morning we all went to a pub that had a huge kids play area, A had tones of fun throwing herself down slides and into baths full of rubber balls so she was as happy as can be. Being a sensible parent, and both MC and T being sensible types too, none of us partook of the alcohol (just in cased you were worrying about mixing kids and pubs), lots of tea was drunk.

Once A had run her self to semi-exhaustion, we all retired to the restaurant and had our meal...

Woo, was it bad, I had a minted lamb chop with peas, spinach and mashed potatoes. I'm sure the lamb was pork, it certainly wasn't minted what ever the hell it was! The spinach had been boiled until it was tasteless, the peas were practically uncooked and the mash wasn't terribly well mashed. Apart from that is was great. (Not one to be repeated I think. The kids play area was good, the cups of tea were fine, but no eating there any more.)

Then we made out own pizzas in the evening. Unfortunately A, in her excitement, checked on the dough so often it never rose, so the first pizza came on a base so solid it would give concrete a run for its money. Luckily we had bought some extra bases from the supermarket for just such an eventuality, so the rest of the pizza was good.

T and her friend went out for the night to the pub so my brother and I stayed in and watched some TV until bed time.

This morning we got up breakfasted, watched the new Starski & Hutch film, which while entertaining, was only as entertaining as a "one time only" deal.

Sandwiches for lunch and then myself and A headed off home, dropping by a couple of friends en route.

Dropped A off home, she was quite tearful, she'll be OK. It was upsetting. I'll cope, I have to.

Right, I'm off to research those special lights used to combat seasonally affected depression, since the autumn equinox had been and gone, its time this year to see if we can head the winter depression off at the pass.

Onward, ever onward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home