Saturday, October 30, 2004

An interesting sequence of events

Horoscope for the day:

"Someone interesting (the only kind of someone you like) is about to enter your life, in a very big way. Fortunately, you're always up for this sort of thing, so you'll go for it. As well you should."
Pretty much sets the scene really.

Over the last few days I have contacted a great many people on FaceParty, several have responded, a number of them I now hold reasonably frequent chats with on IM. Today was a strange one to say the least.

I saw her profile a few days ago, she seemed like a sorted person, she's cute and she is too young for me. :) But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? So I dropped her a note saying the usual things. A day or so later I got a note back saying she would like to chat, I responded positively, and today we chatted via IM.

We talked about a number of things, and eventually got onto the subject of work. She has spent today working on a business plan for a concern she wishes to start, and had got into a bit of a mess with the details.

Me being me, ever the helpful soul, I mentioned that I may be able to help, what with doing this sort of thing before. She wanted to know how much I would charge, but being Mr. Nice I said she couldn't afford me, so she pay what she wanted to pay. I firmly believe what goes around comes around. So helping out a stranger will be repaid in time.

She sent me the documents she was working on, and they were in a state, and while I worked on them, we continued to chat about all the usual things that the newly-met chat about.

She asked me what my plans were for the evening, and I explained I had none, I had planned to take this weekend easy as the last few have been busy. Some pussyfooting about later we had made tentative arrangements to meet up this evening.

Then the fear hit me like a fucking sledge hammer.

As per usual I had a bit of a freak out, a huge crisis of confidence and then a completely formed set of paranoid delusional fantasies appeared fully formed and well rounded in my head.

"No one likes you this much"
"No one this hot could want to spend time with you"
"She's a transexual"
"Something is terribly wrong"
etc...

We continued to chat and I backed off the idea, and we decided to leave it for another day.

We have now been chatting (in a very unintense way) for the last six hours, apart from a brief gap when she went to eat, and she comes across as a lovely genuine person. The problem is I have been so fucked over by my ex, who also started out as just the nicest person ever, that I now get a seventh-sense called the "Things are going too well" alarm. And once the alarm goes off (its like a very loud klaxon by the way), my mighty paranoid fantasy skills spring out from the shadows and take control.

So I may have sabotaged that one before it even started. Should have followed the horoscope eh? Ah, one of the curses of the human condition, 20-20 hindsight.

Oh, and on the subject of age, she claims to have come out of a relationship a few months ago with a boyfriend of the same age as her, but who was just not mature enough for her.

Anyway, I'm going to carry on with this business plan, its almost finished, and even though I say so myself, it is coming across as a work of genius. Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home