Friday, October 29, 2004

Phew, what a day...

Well I've been thrown several curve balls today!

The most minor was that GTA:SA didn't arrive, but an email from Amazon did explain that my card was being refused... Of course it fucking was, I used the card 6 months ago to pre-order the game for Christ's sake, the card has expired since then, I have updated my details on the Amazon web site! Pathetic.

I ended up going to Game at Oxford Street to pick up the game. Luckily I got a £10 voucher from Game a week ago, so yay the game cost me as much as it would have done on Amazon pre-order anyway!

The second more serious curve ball was thrown when I went to get my wallet to go buy GTA:SA, and couldn't find it for love nor money! Eeek. It turned out that someone had picked it up at the bar and handed it in. There was £20 missing, but since the wallet alone is worth a good couple of hundred quid, and the hassle of not replacing all the cards and the sentimental photos in there are worth way more then £20, I shall call the loss the finder's fee and not stress myself about it. Hopefully it was the person who handed it in who took the £20, in advance of me giving it to them anyway! :) If it wasn't the same person, I hope the thieving bastard gets what is coming to them. I firmly believe that what goes around comes around, with any luck they got home and found that their video recorder and TV had been nicked!

The third and final HUGE curve ball was an absolute gem. My car insurance runs out this weekend, so I went online and got a few quotes. The best one came from one of my previous insurers, an insurer who I left because their premiums suddenly shot up. (You'll see why in a minute!)

Once I had the best quote, I called them to give them my card details. They went though the usual questions... How long have you had a full UK driving license? How many years of No Claims Bonus do you have? Any accidents or claims in the last 5 years? And so on.

The final bit of this process was for them to check the insurer's database to confirm what I had told them... At this point the woman I am speaking to suddenly gets very shirty... "Mr. C, There were two claims that WE paid out for in 2002 before you took your business elsewhere, I have to inform you that failing to supply this information breaks the part of the agreement relating to blah blah fraud blah blah etc"

Er..., This was news to me, I bought my car 6 years ago and I've never claimed for anything, never had an accident, nothing at all ever!

To cut a long story short, it would appear that a couple of months before my marriage broke down irretrievably, a male someone was at my home while I was at work passing himself off as me. It also would appear that my ex-wife claimed to have hit a lamp post/street sign and that it fell on another car, and that a payout of £2000 was made to repair that car.

What is really impressive is that she managed to get my car fixed without me noticing a fucking great dent in one end or the other or maybe a new bumper and/or panels! Clever huh.

Or..., of course there is the other option, the stupid cow actually committed a fraud by lying to the insurance company and being in cahoots with one or more people to impersonate me, get someone else's car fixed on my insurance or even just get the money from a crooked car repair workshop.

Now bearing in mind, that when I and S split up, I realised that
  1. She had stolen £600 from a savings account.
  2. That accidentally open redirected mail (thank you Royal Mail for forwarding the wrong person's mail and covering the entire name and address window with your redirection sticker! Not.) confirmed that she had told the Child Support Agency that I wasn't supporting my child.
  3. She arranged to impersonate me (whilst probably having an affair, why else would a man be permanently in my house while I'm out earning the rent?) and making fraudulent insurance claims on my insurance.
I think its time to play hard ball, in the financial settlement of our divorce. I think not pursuing a theft, a knowingly false statement to government authorities, and a fraud is a fair trade to get my house back, don't you?

BTW, GTA:SA is top, I may be unavailable for some weeks to come. I have asked a number of people to drop by and make sure I'm exercising and eating properly, ho ho. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home