Sunday, October 24, 2004

Stupendous day!

My parents arrived late last night, we all watched The Swan (scary shit, I kid you not) I knew my mum would love it, and so she did. Unfortunately I got dragged into watching it too.

Then we all went to our respective pits to sleep, then we got up nice and early this morning. After breakfast we all did a two hour drive through the most awful turgid London traffic down to my brother's new house, so that my parents could check out his new gaff.

It was my brother's birthday too, so when he answered the door, he got several barrels of party popper at once, almost causing a heart attack (Yay!), all good fun.

Then we headed up to South London (Balham to be precise), where my daughter and my parents carried on home, and me, my brother and his lady all went to Pub Idle 2004.

Pub Idle is an annual birthday party for another friend N, usually in September, but postponed until October this year, at which a film is played (which we filmed earlier this year, this year's film being a remake of the Beasty Boy's Sabotage vid), then various people get up and do a turn on stage doing karaoke as the person they are dressed as. Oh yeah forgot that, attire is fancy dress as Pop or Rock star. I was one of the cops that I played in the Beasty Boys remake this year.

There is also a meat raffle... No, I have never understood that either. Suffice to say most disappointingly, I did not win this year either. The guy we hired for the karaoke stuff won this year. I may or may not have stolen a scotch egg from him before I left. :)

I have not drunk a thing all night long, so that I could drive home this evening, and now I am back home and I am shattered. But fucked up and wide awake from drinking Diet Coke all night long. :(

I've just realised that today is the 24th, which means that I have the VAT man visiting tomorrow at 9:30AM, eeek, I still haven't sorted out my accounts.

Looks like I have something very urgent to do tomorrow after I drop my daughter back to her mother. Mental note 6:30PM until 4:00AM - Print out invoices for last 3 years, look for receipts for last 3 year. (Ha fucking ha, like I have the receipts, I'll end up with a formal telling off I should expect.)

Oh God, I really hope that this week's drop off of my daughter is better than the last, I got to see some of the shittiest parenting ever last time, from her mum. The last thing I want is the transition from one parent to another being a stressful time for my little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home