Monday, November 22, 2004

Away for an evening

Yesterday evening, I drove to my brother's place after I dropped A back off to her mother's house.

We ate huge steaks (that I bought from Borough Market Sat AM) and lots of roasted veggies, yum! All cooked to a T by T my brother's g/f.

Then the three of us watched Something's Gotta Give, cute film, but oh so slow!

I drove back into London this morning, and then spent the day furiously applying for jobs.

Lots of irons in the fire, and lots of progress being made, made it known to all the relevant agencies that I'll take a low rate for a job as I'm getting a mortgage sorted out for a house.

Fingers crossed that the interview requests start rolling in tomorrow and the job offers start rolling in by the end of the week.

It seems I am re-energised. The great thing about someone telling you to fuck off (nicely or nastily, it doesn't matter) is that you normally have two options on how to deal with it. You can either get upset, try to analyse it and as a result make yourself upset, or, you can say "Your loss" and move on with your life. I seem to have made a third option, a bit of careful analysis and then the "Your Loss" scenario. This way I feel that I have learnt something from what happened, but to be honest, I know who will be regretting the decision in the months to come, it won't be me, since I didn't make the decision...

Oh, on another note, can't remember if I mentioned it or not, I sent S (the crazy lady) some roses and chocs, she claims not to have received them, but the Interflora agent's description of the two people who collected the failed delivery describes her and her flatmate perfectly... Someone is telling porkies and I think I know who it is. Anyway she flounced off when I asked her if she was sure for the third time, she put the phone down, I suspect I shall never hear from her again. :)

Funny really, I'm not sure what her problem is, she's hot but too much effort, I'm tired of crazy people in my life, I give up officially, (unless she's buying dinner on Wednesday :D).

Head games are for arseholes, why can't I find someone who isn't an arsehole?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home