Wednesday, November 10, 2004

In a word: "languid"

Got up, went and had breakfast at the Sunshine Café (no, I have no idea why its listed in Greenwich either), and had a chat with my friend who owns one of the shops round the corner.

Then I headed up to Finsbury Park and read some more of my book, and eyed up pretty ladies as they took their late morning constitutionals. I had a couple of nice chats with pretty ladies, Cathy who was a student, and Veronica who was a prostitute (looking for business in a most unusal spot).

I got Cathy's number, and I'll probably give her a ring, she is oriental (I have a thing for oriental and black chicks, I'm white and have no interest in white women, I wonder why), but she is a student and only 21 years old, so I guess I'd have to be a cradle snatcher to go with that one. :)

Of course, I could be just friends with her, now there's a novel thought...

V cancelled at this evening's rendezvous at lunchtime, no surprises there, this is the latest in a string of non-committal arrangements that have been cancelled or not at the last moment.

V lives in a very self-centred world, so I did expect this.

There was a time when I would have been bothered, but now I am too old to care anymore, every cancellation was a personal rejection, but now as a emotionally stable man, I have to conclude that rejection (or perceived rejection) is part of life, don't let it hurt you, just move on with your life.

Oh, God! I'm going to start wearing slippers and Chinos about the house, smoke a pipe and start putting up shelves. Its official I am on the cusp of middle-agedness, and I'm only 33.

Obviously, it's time to start fucking about like a kid again, and recapture some of that wasted youth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home