Friday, December 03, 2004

Weekend ahead

Well today I performed some preemptive laziness in preparation for the afternoon.

I picked up Angel from the school gates and headed straight up the M1 to my parent's place, five hours of extreme concentration, behind the wheel, entertaining a bored child, in mostly rush hour or equivalent motorway traffic!

I don't like the journey, but it is great to make that sacrifice to be with my parents and daughter simultaneously.

The plan for this weekend appears to be to get up tomorrow, go for a healthy brisk walk with my dad to start the day, then head into town get a few things and then head to the next town over and go for a Greek lunch (I luuuuurve Kleftiko!).

This may cause a few problems, the last time we went there, I found a tiny caterpillar on my salad, I'm OK with it, these things happen, my mother on the other hand is not so happy at the prospect, and may well kick off. Eeek! Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow evening involves a local pub , which reminds me I must text D&E and see if they are around for a couple of hours at the pub before I join my dad at the other pub. (I must improve my contact skills, more warning for friends is a good thing!)

Right I'm off to bed to read, and get some kip in for the morrow. Luckily I don't have to put the little one to bed, obviously she has been joined at the hip to my mum since we got here, so all kiddie maintenance activities (other than delivery of Asthma medications) are taken by the parental units, they love it, so does Angel, and I don't get a look in. All good. :)

One last thing, yesterday's bizarre suggestion, actually seems to have come off. An employment agent thinks he has an ideal position for me, so much so that he has offered to give me a contract (which will in effect be worthless) so I can get the mortgage underway. Its an interesting idea, and If I wasn't really extending myself doing this, I'd probably take him up on it. But as it is all my money is at least three months away, it's earning high rates of interest, but I can't get it out quickly. What to do? I don't want to buy this place, and then have it repossesed before I can get the money together to pay the first few mortgage payments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home