Monday, January 17, 2005

Movement on the 'seeing someone' front...

Well Saturday's semi-update is a tad irrelevant right now... (Bet you're intrigued...)

Yesterday the kids and I had a lot of fun, we went to the park and had a lovely Sunday lunch (I'm soooo getting into cooking up roasts, and I'm improving too! Went for a lamb and rosemary roast this time).

During the trip to the park, Sandy texted me and asked me if my offer to come and stay for a few days while she separated from her bloke was still open. And of course it was, I'd never turn away a damsel in distress. :)

So I dropped the kids off at six as usual at their mother's place (who somewhat amusingly had to run downstairs half-naked to answer the door, I wouldn't like to comment on whether she was in flagranté or just having an afternoon nap).

Then I headed down to the train station and picked up Sandy. It turns out she had had the final row with her ex-chap, and as she left had told him she was going away for a few days, and to have his stuff out of her place by the time she got back.

So we had a long conversation (face to face and everything!) where I made it quite clear I wanted to give her space to do her rebounding, no pressure, etc. I also said that I understood that she would be a little emotional for a while, having just finished a long term relationship... And so on, you know the type of thing, the typical new-man caring stuff. If I'm not a new man, I don't know what is. (Well apart from 'Dave Day' when I may have been a 'New Lad'.)

She said that she was just relieved that it was over, and now we could move on.

So we ended up in bed. (See, told you yesterday's update was irrelevant!)

So it would appear after more than two years in self imposed exile, I am now officially seeing someone.

So much, for taking it slow! But I am trying, I don't think I'll ask her to marry me within five days (like I did with the Evil One(TM)), nor ask her to move in with me within the month (like I did with the Evil One(TM)).

In essence everything is cool, I'm not dumb enough to convince myself I'm in love just yet, I'm very much at the like stage, which is slow for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home