Friday, January 14, 2005

Strange dreams...

As I suspected would be the case I made do with very little sleep last night.

I was caffeinated upto the eyeballs after all the Diet Coke last night, and this made for some (not to be repeated) side effects. First of all there were a number of anxiety dreams:
  • Running to catch someone, but the harder I ran, the slower I went, like running though treacle.
  • Trying to explain things to people, and them just not being able to understand me, no matter how hard I tried.
  • Water leaks all over the house.
The usual guff, I'm sure you are all familiar with the same things. Interspersed with these dreams were a number of other ones, of a more graphically sexual nature. In one I found myself fighting off my ex-wife who was not taking no for an answer. And in the other that I remember, I was with Sandy, and things were getting a little fruity. What is my mind trying to tell me? (If anything... Personally I am firmly of the belief that dreaming is the creative parts of the brain let free without the other part of conscious thought that keeps things in check and stops us all going wacko.)

Work was a bit comedy today, I was taken to a Thai restaurant by the employment agent that placed me at my current client, that took up three hours of lunch, and was followed by me being at work for another hour and half before I had to leave early to get the kids from their mother's place. I'll be charging for four days this week, after taking Tuesday afternoon off with the migrane, and most of Friday afternoon off too, I'd be taking the piss if I didn't.

I have just put the kids to bed, we have watched Ice Age on the DVD, and while Angel was in the bath I had my planned chat with Murray about his prodigal return.

I explained to him that this is the last time I would allow him to change his mind about visiting, that his sister needs consistency at her age, so changing his plans about was not an option. I also said we would call it a day if he insisted on turning up for whole weekends to mope about and be generally miserable too. He did do this quite often before. This all seemed to go down quite well, so I'm very happy about the end result.

He is at a preteen stage in his life, and he is about to become a teenager, so I know that things are going to get harder rather than easier, hopefully this little bump is all we will have to deal with. Time will tell I suppose.

In other news obviously there has been a lot of texting between Sandy and I, things seem to be getting a little heated. I'm trying to keep my paranoia in check, the last time things went this well was the time I got married! But there is no use in me judging all women by the last one as a standard. I'm also trying to keep some focus here too, we are not even dating, much less in a romantic relationship, its just that things seem to be going really well, so I shall enjoy what I can, and ignore the inner doubt voice where I can.

Right after bugger all sleep all week long, I'm going to fruitlessly attempt to hit the hay now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home