Wednesday, December 29, 2004

100%

I have been conversing with someone via email and text for a couple of weeks, we met via Face Party a few weeks ago. (Regular readers will know FP is my own little disaster area of personal experience.) This evening was the first time I have chatted to her via IM, and it was a blast.

The humorous bit was at the end, when I was too tired to go on, and she said, "I'm sorry to have kept you up all night", and I responded with, "It's no problem, it's not like I have work in the morning". She came right back at me and told me I had scored 100% for our first conversation and then explained it to me.

This was news to me, I didn't realise I was being graded! But aceing a test is aceing a test right? :)

The explanation is that she had met so many nutters on FP that she has taken to keeping a few things in mind when meeting anyone new. When you chat to someone via email or via text, you have the time to think and consider your responses, but with IM, you can't dwell for an hour and come back with something witty. You have to be genuinely witty, or it just doesn't work on IM. Also in much the same way, it is hard to cover your tacks, and act in a way other than your natural one in "real time", unless you are an extremely accomplished liar.

It seems that since I didn't drop into sexual innuendo, act like an insensitive cock and I managed to be a funny chap, that I managed to score 100%. The icing in the cake being my answer to the statement posed to me above. I suspect (and so did my conversational partner) that "Sorry to have kept you up all night", would garner some response implying the sleepless night was sexually related, perhaps, "Oooooh darling, you can keep me up all night any time wink wink ;)" etc. But since I'm the perfect gentleman, that thought never entered my head!

Yay, someone thinks I'm great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home