Monday, December 13, 2004

I'm feeling good

I've been to the doc this morning, my mental health is looking fine, so all is well in that regard.

I've been entertained today by the insanity that is crazy chick.

And I'm considered dateable material for three women and friendship material for another three, all the results are not in yet, but I'm happy with what I got!

I've sent an e-mail out the one of them, hopefully we can meet up tomorrow night, or early next week as I'm busy all the rest of this week.

One of the other ones was completely gorgeous (as in model gorgeous), so much so that I just relaxed and was completely blaseƩ about the whole thing, reasoning that I didn't have a cat in hell's chance! I could come up with some great reasons why she ticked me for a date, all of which being bad for my self-esteem, so I'm just going to read it at face value, and go with it, I'll send her an email, and see where we get...

As for the entertainment with crazy chick, what's with that I hear you cry! Well, she asked me if I was going to be available for Wednesday night, and I mistakenly said yes.

She then said that she wanted me to make good on my promise. This would the flowers making their way into the world of weirdness again! I just didn't bother responding to that hint.

Later in the day I realised that I couldn't make it, in fact I'm going to a Christmas meal with some old work colleagues and J (from the same crowd, and who lives out of town) will be staying at my place too. I could cancel the meal, but it wouldn't be nice to cancel on J, and frankly I'm mercenary at the best of times, but not with friends, never with friends, and certainly not over someone who has been dicking me about for some time.

So I sent crazy chick (S) a text saying, "You're going to be pissed off, but can't make Wed, got something planned and someone visiting overnight".

I got a message back a couple of minutes later, "Is OK, no problem", followed by another one saying that she had booked us a table at a swanky restaurant and a room at an expensive hotel.

Now, I have noticed that S is only interested when, I am distant, as soon as I bend my will to meet her needs she loses interest. I guess I can see her point, if she wants a strong man to take care of her.... On the other hand she could just be a mentalist.

Anyway, theorising, that she was once more placing me in a test, "Who is more important, your friends and the friend you are having to stay, or me and a nice meal followed by a shag", I decided to test my theory.... I sent her a text saying, "Hang fire for a moment, let me see if I can rearrange my Wednesday...".

I'm pretty sure my theory was correct, and here's why, I received four (yes four) text messages in the next ten (yes ten) minutes:
  • "Don't bother, I just wanted to put things right as you are keeping your promise(*), maybe next week"
  • "I've cancelled the table and the hotel"
  • "before I see you, you have to keep your word(*)"
  • "No answer, forget it then"
* Reference to "The Flowers".

Now granted, I did suggest we keep to our original plan to just meet up on Sunday between messages two and three (although I started writing is before message one was received!). But I would like to point out that the delay between messages three and four was a whole two minutes.

My theory holds true, every time I bend to her whim, she gets uppity and freaks out.

Earlier this evening we had a chat by IM, she now claims to have lost a court case because of interference by her ex, and she wanted to rope me into her plans for revenge. Further testing my theory on her need for me to not bend in the slightest, I didn't bend, I just said, "No, its wrong and I don't want to do it". Oddly enough I got an "OK".

Why on Earth she wants to get revenge now, I have no idea, it would be obvious who was responsible so shortly after the court case (if it ever happened, don't forget she is a drama queen, and may be making all of this up). As it is frequently said, "Revenge is a dish best served cold", and in this case it will stop the plod knocking on your door the next morning.

After that, she said that she wanted to watch a film on Sunday, but didn't have a DVD player (which I took as a hint to buy her one), so I suggested she come round and we watch a film here (rather than buy her one).

So we are all back on, question is, do I send her the flowers, after last time she collected them, and then denied it. On the one hand, I may get a shag from someone who is sexy as hell who just needs a firm hand on the relationship's tiller, on the other hand it may be just more good money going after bad money.

See, I told you I could be mercenary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home