Sunday, December 12, 2004

Christmas cake and speed dating...

Whew, what a day yesterday was!

I got up nice an early (after a hearty four hours sleep, eek!) and headed down to P's place, then the pair of us headed out to Borough Market and we did some of the Christmas food shopping... Yum!

I bought a huge Christmas cake and a massive Christmas pudding too! Then I realised that because of the alcohol, nuts and raisins, its just going to be me, ma and pa eating them! Wooooooooo Hoooooooo! I'm going to be weighing 20 stone by the end of the year! :)

Later I headed down to the West End, to meet D for a spot of Speed Dating. It is so long since I had that much fun!

D suggested it on Thursday night when we were down the pub, he gets really nervous around women, which is a bit weird as he does the same kind of work as me, and has to attend a lot of interviews. The way I see it the two things are not too dissimilar, your basically selling yourself to someone, and seeing in return what they have to offer to you, right?

We had a couple of drinks to calm down D's nerves (although, I must admit I was a tiny bit nervous about the whole thing too).

We signed in and we each moved to the assigned table to start our first date. I got a really great lady called Nicole, we were both speed dating virgins, so I suggested we go easy on each other! That got a laugh, and from then on it was easy. Then the bell rang, and we were told to start out first date. :) So Nicole and I got to have two speed dates... Do I expect sex the third time we meet? (Ha ha, I'm so funny!)

I was really worried that I was going to meet some really scary people there, and to be honest I did, but luckily they were blokes, thus reducing the competition! Heh.

In the end we had 24 dates all in all, and of those, only three people I would never want to see again, the rest I'd love to go on a date with or become friends with.

After the final date, you get to get up and mill about and chat if you want to. At this point a few of us got together and headed off to the Atlantic Bar, plenty of dancing ensued. It is years since I have been clubbing (apart from one isolated incident last year that is).

I spent most of the evening with a lovely lady called Kathryn (who happened to be my final date), doing some close up dancing and a bit of smooching. A couple of times she had to go and sit down, I think she was a little drunk, and then eventually her mate stepped in and took her home. I was so inebriated that I forgot to get her number, so I really hope she ticks me online, and we get to meet up again.

After that I was so high on life, I decided to walk home, (about 4.6m miles according to the RAC route planner) so I got in at about 3AM. I was utterly frazzled and went straight to my pit.

Then I was woken up by the gas man, come to fix my boiler at 9AM on the dot this morning. Bugger! Forgot about that appointment.

All the women are starting to mix in my head now, I can barely remember a distinct one already. And my notes (somewhat illegible at the best of time, but not helped by alcohol consumption) are worse than useless, what the hell does "Catsuit, Wig" or "Chips" mean anyway?

Having said that, I've done my ticking, and we'll see where we get. It makes more sense to go with gut instinct, which is what my ticks are, than trying to remember memories obscured by Ethanol. That's what the whole point of the three minutes is about right? Using gut instinct to determine a match...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home