Sunday, December 05, 2004

My ex-wife is a loon.

It would appear to be official, she is a nutter. It would seem that her latest attempt to twist my daughter's mind is to tell her that her surname will be changing to become double barreled.

A's surname is the same as mine obviously, S seems to think that it should change, and that A's name should be suffixed with S's new husband's surname.

Just in case you think I may be overreacting, let me just point out that I was step parent to her second kid for ten years, at no point was such a thing even suggested, in fact even getting into that area was enough to cause severe friction.

Conclusion: This is probably designed with the intent of A passing it on to me, and me being pissed off. How sad is that?

On the upside, she will have to get the name changed by deed poll, which costs money, so yet more wind up crap she will never do.

Other than that, it was a nice day, I helped my dad take his bike down to the shop to be fixed, and we bumped into an old friend, that we haven't seen for a long time (years in my case).

Then we got home, sat down as a family and had toad in the hole (vegetarian stylee) for lunch.

Then A and myself set off on the journey back down from Yorkshire and back to London, a really pleasant journey, we played "I Spy" a lot, listened to the audio book of Artemis Fowl and enjoyed the sunshine.

We just had time to give A a nice little meal when we got home, and then I took her home. (At this point she told me about the plan to change her name.)

Then I got home, and completed Halo 2. (Sense of achievement, oh yes, then restarted on a harder level!)

I'm knackered after the long drive, so I'm going to get an early night. I really ought to get out and do more stuff. But to be honest, my shins are killing me after yesterday's power walking with my dad, more effort with the treadmill I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home