Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Abject lack of enthusiasm

My manager had a word with me today regarding my timekeeping, and asserted the need for me to be little more committed to the project. "In a bit earlier, and out a little later", seemed to be the message, it was a very low key "asking" rather than a more aggressive "demanding". I'd better pull it out of the bag, or I don't think I'll be staying here much longer. Not to mention that if I do stay longer, renegotiation of rates will be somewhat more problematic, to say the least.

Obviously it was coming, I've been expecting it for days, hence the sudden ultra-efficient me for the last couple of days.

Guess I'm actually going to have to put in eight hour days and everything!

The joke is, that I have done most of the work that I had to do, so it will be finished and the hours won't be needed. How's that for irony? Its certainly a better definition than Alanis Morrisette manages.

Onward, there's work to be done here. I guess I shouldn't be blogging here either. To quote V, with one of her more amusing verbal inflections, "Ooops!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home