Friday, October 01, 2004

Oh yes, the self destruct button was firmly pressed.

Unfortunately it was a silent alarm for a while before the explosion!

Today I was given the heave-ho at work, obviously all my self-harming behaviour (read abject lack of professionalism) was noticed.

Although the boss said it was all to do with the project going on hold (it is, I know that much is true), I think he was just using that as an excuse rather than put himself in an uncomfortable situation of having to say I have been carrying on like a highly paid petulant 13 year old.

On the up side, it is far better to be looking for a job now, than to be looking for a job at the end of November, which was when this current contract was due to end anyway.

Looking for a job in December is a waste of time, everyone is too busy having Christmas lunches and Christmas parties to bother interviewing/employing people. Then they have to play catch up at the start of the year in January, then finally they realise that they have some annual budget left which will be taken away in April if not spent, so around February the job market usually hots up seriously.

So all in all, being out of a job now is better than being out of a job at the end of next month.

On the down side, even though I shouldn't, I'm taking it personally, hell I know its only business, and more than likely it is self induced, but it still feels like a personal rejection none-the-less.

I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Anyway I have to work tomorrow, but all the work had been done bar about 5 mins of it today, but since I had just been sacked, I didn't feel the need to pipe up. Fuck 'em. So I'll be rolling in for an hour or so, then fucking off home with a full days pay in my pocket. Naughty I know, and certainly unprofessional too, I'll cry all the way to the bank as I come to terms with my guilt.

Luckily, (no, not luckily, very sensibly) I have a fair few £000 in the bank, so I can afford to be out of work for a while if things don't work out so well.

Gives me the option to spend a little more time on other things too.

C'est la vie.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home