Monday, October 04, 2004

Back at work

So, you didn't like work before they sacked you, and now you have to generate some enthusiasm for the next couple of weeks before you are out of the door.

Oh, and you're up against the wall on a high priority deadline.

Not a good position to be in is it?

As you'll have read, enthusiasm and commitment have been AWOL for the last few weeks. Now I've been sacked, which usually reduces the capacity to give a fuck about a job. And yet, somehow I have to:
  1. Give a flying fuck,
  2. Perform admirably,
  3. Not kill a single human being.
What I really want to do is fuck some shit up. But since that would be professional suicide and contrary to my ethics, I guess I'll let that urge pass.

The humorous bit is, that we are trying to get the product out the door, a time when stress is at an all time high and motivation needs to be there by the bucket load. What the fuck my manager (DF) was thinking when he terminated my contract just prior to this phase, I have no idea. Ah well, DF's loss and DF's problem I guess. I can only imagine that money was the major factor.

At out team meeting, our team lead (PE) laid out all the things that have to be done this week before end of day Friday, the list was pretty substantial. PE also pointed out that he would understand if I found it a little hard to generate the wherewithal to follow though. If PE "gets it", why doesn't DF (PE's manager) get it?

Pfft, fool. But like I said, its not my problem. (Well I guess it will be if they refuse to pay the invoice, but lets hope it doesn't come to that fair reader.)

I'll work as hard as I am able, which given my current mood(1) will be pretty fucking unimpressive.

Hi Ho Silver. Onward! (Or not.)

1. Current mood: prostitute after turning her first trick. I'm feeling dirty and used right now, but trying to console myself by thinking about being significantly richer than before I turned the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home