Monday, October 04, 2004

An excellent weekend

Yesterday was a great day, as a result I managed to have a great time for a whole weekend.

Marvelous!

Had a great time with V, I managed to fix the naughty computer, we watched a DVD (eventually), drank wine and conversed deeply. Apart from the fixing the computer, that would be my ideal night in.

Obviously such an evening can be improved with some great sex to finish off with, but you only get to do that with a sexual partner. I guess I'll have to sort that side of my life out at some point!

V had suggested a book I might benefit from reading, and had gone out of her way to get it for me. I'm a few pages into The Power of Now and there are certainly some interesting ideas there for me to look into.

Given V's previous track record for book suggestions (Overcoming Overeating), which to date has been good, I'm going to follow through on this one.

As you may have guessed I'm an empiricist in the extreme, so waffly "new age" stuff is pretty hard for me to swallow. However, since I'm quite capable of analysing myself into a corner, and given that pretty soon (the way I'm going) I'm going to analyse myself into a mental breakdown, (lets face it, my life is failing generally, eek,) I'm open to life-saving suggestions right now.

Even to the point of embracing some sort of spirituality, which is utterly contrary to my empiricism, I'm prepared to go far with this, but not too far, I don't think I could swallow organised religion, that would be a bit much.

If anyone else has any suggestions for books that will change my life, please drop the name (or better still an Amazon.co.uk link) in the comments. I'll appreciate it and most likely love you for ever (or something).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home