Friday, October 08, 2004

Looking forward to a good weekend

I had a great evening last night, went to the pub with P & D for the usual Thursday night drink. Good conversation and the usual banter was had.

It must have been a good night, as I remember getting home, being disappointed to find that V was not online, then waking up on my sofa at 4:30AM! V had said hello while I was sleeping, so I was a bit cheesed that I had managed to miss her. Yeah, then I went to bed.

C'est la vie... I'm living in the "now" dammit, no getting cheesed for me! :)

So two days without speaking to V, I think this must be a bit of a record for me. I'm surprised I have not started to shake with withdrawal symptoms. Ho ho.

Today had been pretty much taken up with recovery, there has been a mighty amount of liquid consumption and more analgesics than you can throw a shitty stick at. (Though obviously not enough to overdose, that would be foolish!)

Its now gone 1PM and I am feeling kinda human again, starting to look forward to the weekend.

I'm picking up my daughter this evening and driving up to Yorkshire to spend the weekend with my parents. Apart from the driving, it should turn out to be a good.

Next week will be my last week at this job. Things on the now job front are shaping up nicely. I have my CV in for consideration at three tier one investment banks and, two more at tier two banks and one at an asset management house. So, given that the CV is out there at six places, I'm reasonably confident that three or so will come back with interview slot, and since I am the lord and high master of interview technique, I expect at least two to come back with a job offer.

It certainly looks like losing this job is the best thing in the world for me, this job was frankly doing my head in, and by taking another job, while the job market is on such an upper, I will probably be charging in the region of £75-125/day more. More spending money. Happy days.

Onward towards a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home