Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Proud, oh so proud!

I hope its not pride before a fall! :)

What have I to be pridefull about? Well last night it was touch and go whether I was going to attend work this morning, for a start.

I was up until about 3AM last night, IMing with V and playing Kingdom of Loathing but mainly reading my new book. All the while, I was thinking about nothing in particular, enjoying the now, not dissecting the day or thinking about tomorrow, and every so often, this little thought would pop up from my inner dialogue, "Ditch work tomorrow, its not like they can sack you is it?"

Of course, they can sack me for gross misconduct, but I suspect I'd have to turn up for work in a little leather posing pouch, sexually harass a female (or male, I suppose) member of staff or some such!

Although while chatting about dress, the dress code for the office has been relaxed while we are in the current building (we are here temporarily, me especially so), so I am at work in jeans and a t-shirt, not bad for a guy working at an investment bank huh? (Shut up! I'll take my little bit of happiness where I can find it.)

Anyway, I woke up at 7AM as usual this morning, hit snooze seven or eight times as usual then finally got up and went through my usual Tuesday routine.

Tuesday if you remember is my "Weigh Day", this week I have lost 2lbs and 0.3% fat. I am now officially overweight and not obese! (Er, again..., I have managed this before, but I fell off the wagon.) YAY!

So that's two things to be proud of, I managed despite my evil inner dialogue to attend work, AND, I managed to lose some weight.

Today is an official bullet-proof day. My kung-fu is too powerful for the world to take me on and win. Bring it on motherfucker!

Uh... OK I'm going to chill out for a while and pretend to do some work now. (I never said I was going to do something when I arrived did I.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home