Sunday, October 10, 2004

Livid

Today I was woken up in a strange manner by the child (A) once more (awwwww etc.), we lunched then drove back down to London.

When the time to drop A off back home arrived, A burst into tears. This happens quite often, its usually when she realises she is not going to see me for a couple of weeks until the next weekend I have her.

This time, her mother, S acted like a total shit. I know that this is a hard time for A, as for all kids in this situation, this is a transition point from one parent to another, and it can be fraught with pain for a kid.

So what did S say to A? "There there dear, you'll see daddy soon"? Or maybe, "Oh don't cry darling, there's no need to be upset."?

No, none of the above, what A got to hear from her loving (and yet totally fucked up) mother S was, "Go live with daddy, I won't feel bad about it, I'll tell your headmistress what your new address is and daddy can take you to school tomorrow. Go on, get out of my doorway, you are letting the cold air in. Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm going to miss my daddy", said A.

"Well that will hurt, I should know, I still miss my daddy and he died 12 years ago".

As I'm sure you can imagine, after that little classy piece of skillful parenting, A was extremely distraught!

As V said later on IM, "I have no idea what possessed you to marry that woman", you know, either I saw what I wanted to see and heard what I wanted to hear, rather than the truth. Or S is an evil fucked up woman, who deliberately deceived me until she got what she wanted. Then turned into the evil bitch from hell.

The more I think about it, I don't think I was deluding myself. For all I am needy, I really don't think I'm needy enough to fuck myself up deliberately with that kind of woman, even at the height of my depressive phases.

Right bed. I have to be up early to shine a light in my eyes. :)

Thanks for listening, I needed to get that off my chest, this way I won't have to carry it around with me as a little ball of anger for the days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home