Friday, October 08, 2004

What to do while I'm not working

It may come to pass that I don't have any work to do for a couple of weeks while I'm between contracts... I'm wondering what to take my time up with.

Obviously, I should take up my golf lessons again and make a bit of an effort, frankly I haven't picked up my clubs since I got back of my holidays five or six weeks ago. (Remember the post on being a serial obsessive? Golf was an obsession for a while.)

But as an aside, V suggested that we should go ice skating and that got me thinking about skating in general... I'm considering getting some inline skates and learning to skate while I'm not working.

This is the tragedy of contract work, you earn money and end up with weeks spare. You can either go insane sat at home applying for every job (been there done that, too stressful, not doing it again), or you invent hobbies to take up your time with.

Skating could turn out be a quite cool, I may even get to use them for the daily commute into work! Maybe I could alternate between cycling and skating, if I ever get off my fat arse and start cycling in too that is!

Anyway about a hundred British shekels for the skates and another fifty for the safety gear and a spare week or two, and I could be a total skate demon!

The other scary thought is to take up parachuting. I'm trying to avoid that thought for the moment.

I think I may be trying to avoid growing up here. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home