Thursday, October 14, 2004

More of the same...

How's this for bizarre? I have now been approached about the possibility of working for a different division of the same bank I work for now. With the same pay increase!

WTF? How surreal is that? Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!

My chat this morning with the chaps looking to represent me for my previous employer went very well. I've contacted a few ex-colleagues and got permission to drop their names for a reference when interviewing for the new position.

So with any luck, I'll have just enough time next week to learn how to rollerblade, interview once or twice, whisk a lucky person away to New York for a long weekend for coke and whores, well maybe not that last bit. ("New York and the coke and whoring or just the coke and whoring", I hear you cry, I'll leave that up to you beloved reader.)

Then start work with a 20% pay increase.

My, my, my, I may have to give myself a mighty Christmas bonus of a house at the end of this year! (Woo!) Such foolish confidence, from one who should know better. Sod it, I'm enjoying not worrying about overconfidence. I'm feeling the lurve the universe is throwing my way.

The future is looking good. I'm feeling good. The universe is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home